Friday, August 14, 2015

Module 10: The Hunger Games By: Suzanne Collins

















Summary

Katnis Everdean is no hero at least she doesn't think she is until the day that she is forced to volunteer as tribute for district 12 ultimately saving her younger sister prims life. Now Katnis is forced to face one of the toughest competitions ever a fight to the death in the annual hunger games.

Reference

Collins, S., & Fournier, G. (2009). Hunger Games. Paris: Pocket Jeunesse


Review

The Hunger Games is an awesome action packed dystopian novel that really lives up to the hype. I enjoyed the fact that the hero in this story was a girl and I could really relate to that (as most females do). The only problem that I had with this novel was the fact that Katnis doubted herself throughout the novel. She never though she was good enough or capable to handle any situation when she really was the most capable in the whole novel. I also enjoyed the budding romance between Katnis and Peta and I look forward to reading more about the reluctant (on katnis end) romance in the next few novels.

Professional Reference

THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins | Kirkus. (n.d.). Retrieved August 15, 2015, from https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/suzanne-collins/the-hunger-games/

Library Uses

I would use this book for a read aloud . While reading I would model my thought ideas and how I go about identifying characteristics and other reading terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment